The quality and environment protection policy is based on the following guidelines:
- Retaining and affirming the current market segments and the gradual gaining of new ones.
- Increasing customers’ satisfaction on the basis of continual assessment of their needs and preferences.
- Continual quality improvement of the company products.
- Decreasing the manufacturing cost of a production unit for all product types and groups.
- Decreasing the number of quality claims and improving the quality of the servicing offered.
- Continuous improving of the financial results and increasing the profit.
- Observing the applicable international, national and local regulations and other requirements concerning the environmental aspects of EnerSys AD.
- Preliminary identification and assessment of the environmental aspects, taking measures to prevent significant impacts and environment pollution as a result of our industrial activities and the continuous improvement of those activities.
- Continuous improvement of the integrated system and the environmental efficiency by means of periodical inspections and the implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
The current policy is based on the creative application of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and AQAP 2110 principles and requirements taking into account the EnerSys AD specifics.
The main directions of the current quality and environment protection policy are expressed in reaching the following common objectives:
- Retaining and expanding the company’s market share on the Russian market and gaining new market segments.
- Improving the product structure on the basis of licensed developments.
- Implementing energy-saving technologies.
- Introduction of programmes aimed at bringing the company’s products and services in line with the requirements of the legislation, customers and interested parties concerning quality natural and work environment.
- Establishing of sensible, feasible and economically secured environment-related aims and tasks considering the consumption of raw and supplementary materials, and natural resources related to the lead-acid battery manufacturing processes of EnerSys.
- Prevention of negative impacts on the waters, soils and air.
- Proper waste disposal and recycling activities, accompanying the manufacturing processes.
- Ensuring personnel awareness in terms of the environment protection issues and the environmental aspects of the production activities.
- Information sharing and discussions with all parties interested in the environment issues and the efforts taken for its improvement.
- Providing a range and content for the quality and environmental management system(QEMS) which are most suitable for the processes, activities and aspects of the environment, related to the manufactured motive and reserve power lead-acid batteries.
- Assessing the efficiency and applicability of our environmental policy and objectives as well as the QEMS according to ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001:2004 by means of periodical management reviews.
By implementing and applying the NATO AQAP 2110, as a superstructure on the current quality management system ISO 9001:2008, the senior management of EnerSys AD expresses its policy for an integrated systematic approach to the quality and environment throughout the products lifecycle.
The senior management of EnerSys AD expects to achieve the following as a result of the successful application, maintenance and improvement of the management system:
- Growing assurance on part of the customers and other interested parties in the company operation in the efficiency of the quality and environmental management policy;
- Integrated management of the quality, labor conditions and environment.
By means of this official declaration of our QUALITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT POLICY and the objectives, related to it, I take the liberty to express the senior management’s confidence in the EnerSys AD personnel commitment and creativity in its application.